Mike BartonHonesty, Integrity, Professional Service
About MeColdwell Banker emphasizes personal values, corporate responsibility, professional expertise and outstanding customer service to our clients. I have over 30 years of experience in the military, corporate world, and various aspects of the home buying and selling experience which uniquely positions me to assist you - the homebuyer - be it your first home, an investment property, military permanent change of station or temporary duty assignment, or corporate relocation. Selling, buying or renting, I have personally experienced them all.
As a young adult I enlisted in the US Army as an Armor specialist. Attending Officer Candidate School, I became an Armor Officer and completed my 20 years of service as both an Armor Officer and an Operations Research Analyst (computer simulations and weapon system evaluations). After my military service I spent a total of 10 years with Lockheed Martin and Booz Allen Hamilton as a project finance manager for multiple State, Local and Federal projects in Maryland, California and Texas. I was also self-employed for several years in Maryland as a Licensed and bonded Appraiser and Settlement Officer for a Title Company. I first obtained my Texas Real Estate license in 2006, and also sold new homes for David Weekley homes in Rogers Ranch. I have rehabbed homes in San Antonio, focusing on high-quality remodels.
I have always striven to better myself. As a young man I played semi-professional piano with a large orchestra - one individual became a member of the group Chicago. While on Active Duty with the Army I co-authored a Science Fiction novel and started my own furniture store and photography business. I solo-sailed on the Chesapeake Bay and loved to back-pack in the Adirondack Mountains. I am a self-taught carpenter and in the past ten years made all of our patio furniture (to include Adirondack chairs, tables and benches), Christmas toys for my Children and Grand-children, interior furniture for our dining room, etc. My children and grandchildren wonder why I continue to work, as opposed to sitting home and enjoying retirement. It is because of the strong work ethic taught to me by my father (descended from Iowa farmers) and mother (Slovenian immigrant). I have worked all my life, mostly in positions or professions that provide service to others. My career as a Realtor is one more step along that path. The Army taught that the three basics of military service were Duty, Honor and Country. I look forward to working with clients who seek Honesty, Integrity and Professional Service.
- As a retired Army Officer and Corporate Manager I understand the complexities of relocation.
- My previous background as a Title Company Settlement Officer and Appraiser will help you thru the home buying experience.
- Twenty years of Army values emphasize personal integrity, honor, and honesty.
- I have owned multiple single family homes and understand the importance, and challenges of making good decisions prior to signing the contract.
- In 2016 I closed 25 homes and ranked number 40 of over 300 individual Realtors in Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper.
- My new home sales experience with David Weekly homes provides unique insights into purchasing new homes.
- I enjoy working with first time home buyers.
- I successfully Rehabbed 3 homes as General Contractor.. All were profitable and included foundation work.
- I am a Certified Military Relocation Expert.
- I specialize in Military and DoD Relocations both to and from San Antonio.